ABS-CBN bids goodbye to Ted Failon after 30 years of service

  • Ted Failon has left ABS-CBN, his home network for over 30 years
  • ABS-CBN confirmed Failon’s departure and thanked him for his dedication and commitment
  • Reports have recently surfaced that Failon was offered to transfer to TV5 following the closure of ABS-CBN

ABS-CBN has announced the departure of Ted Failon after the broadcaster served the network for 30 years.

Image by ABS-CBN

In a statement released by ABS-CBN, they confirmed that Failon is now leaving the network. They said that the decision was made following the closure of ABS-CBN.

Multi-awarded broadcast journalist Ted Failon is leaving ABS-CBN after 30 years. He will make his final appearance on ‘TV Patrol’ and ‘Failon Ngayon sa TeleRadyo’ on August 31. The closure of ABS-CBN’s radio broadcast operations led to his painful decision and we respect it,” the statement said.

Image by ABS-CBN

ABS-CBN thanked Failon for his dedication and service to the network and the Filipinos. They added that while Failon may seek a new venture in his career, he will remain to be part of the ABS-CBN network as a “Kapamilya.”

“We admire Ted’s talent, passion, and commitment to radio as his most effective medium in serving the Filipino people. He will always be a Kapamilya. We wish him well on his journey,” ABS-CBN said.

Reports earlier surfaced that Failon has been offered to transfer to TV5 following the closure of ABS-CBN. Allegedly, Failon will bring his radio show “Failon Ngayon” as well as all of his staff to his new network.

Aside from Failon, his colleagues radio hosts Gerry Baja and Anthony Taberna earlier announced that they have left the network and moved to DZRH.

“This is the only way”: ABS-CBN to start laying off workers by end of August

ABS-CBN had earlier announced that they are left with no choice but start their retrenchment program by the end of August.

“As much as it hurts us to implement this retrenchment program, this is the only way to ensure the continued employment of the rest of our Kapamilya,” part of their statement said.