- Angel Locsin said she will not sit and back down in support of ABS-CBN
- Following the closure of the media network, the actress called out those who are pleased with the situation and reminded them of the network’s contribution
- Angel also lamented about the situation of the employees who will probably lose their jobs
Angel Locsin speaks up about the controversial ABS-CBN closure.
The actress couldn’t help but lament after ABS-CBN went off air after it was ordered to shut down. Angel expressed her support to ABS-CBN and shared how she will not just sit and back down from the “fi
ght” in restoring it back on air.
On Instagram, Angel reposted a screenshot of Angel Aquino’s statement of support to ABS-CBN, their “home station.” Angel wrote a side note, “Game. Hindi ako uupo at mananahimik.”
Angel is one of the celebrities who continue to air their frustration on the closure of the media giant. She had earlier called out those who are pleased about its closure.
Angel tweeted, “Sa lahat ng nagmamagaling at nagsasabi na “buti nga nagsara ang ABS, sana masarap ang tulog ninyo ngayon gabi at nakapagbayad na ng bills. Sana rin masarap rin ang mga napamalengke ninyo na ipapakain sa inyong pamilya. Sana walang magkasakit na kailangan ipagamot at gastusan.”
The actress also shared how she feels about the employees and workers who will probably lose their jobs following the shutdown.
Angel said, “Ako’y napapaisip..Kung may 11,000 na nawalan ng trabaho x Php5,000. Php 55 MILLION pa ang kailangang ihanda ng DSWD pang ayuda? Tama po ba? Not to mention jobs. Bababa rin ang chances ng karamihan to find work. Sayang at magagamit pa sa iba ang budget sa panahong ito.”
Angel used the hashtag #MalayangPamamahayag and asked if the closure is helpful in these difficult times of health crisis.