- 15 PCSO former and current officials will undergo lifestyle check
- This came as a result of alleged “massive co
rruption” in the agency
- Pres. Duterte earlier said he will soon announce the names of involved PCSO officials
Fifteen former and current officials of the Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO) will undergo lifestyle check.
The lifestyle check came as a result of the alleged “massive co
rruption” in the agency, as per an Inquirer story
Earlier, no less than the president himself ordered the suspension of all gaming schemes of the state-run lottery agency due to the alleged massive co
As revealed by PACC Commissioner Greco Belgica in a Palace briefing, some names on their list even came from Malacañang; further adding that President Rodrigo Duterte previously said that he will announce the names of 10 PCSO officials.
“I have a copy of the names but in our record, we have 15. I don’t know if these are the names on the President’s list but I have a copy from Malacañang,” Belgica was quoted saying.
Belgica also disclosed that former PCSO general manager Alexander Balutan is included in the ongoing investigation which is expected to be completed within two to three months.
Furthermore, Belgica revealed that board members were likewise included in their probe to clear the air after they supposedly created policies that allowed co
rruption in the agency.
In a related development, the anti-co
rruption commission will order PCSO board member Sandra Cam to submit needed evidence she allegedly claims would prove massive co rruption in the agency.
As stated by Cam, she is willing to provide lawmakers pieces of evidence or documents that will prove high-ranking officials of PCSO are involved in co
“We are interested to hear what she has to say to us, not to take it as the truth, but to investigate it,” Belgica stressed.
Lotto operations of the PCSO was suspended by the president on July 27 and lifted the suspension on July 31. Allegedly, the four-day suspension resulted to P250 million revenue loss.