Jinggoy Estrada hopes to be acquitted of plunder, too

  • Former senator Jinggoy Estrada hopes that the Sandiganbayan would also acquit him of plunder
  • Estrada’s co-accused, ex-senator Bong Revilla, was cleared of plunder by the anti-graft court
  • Estrada and Revilla are both senatorial candidate in the coming 2019 midterm elections
Image capture of video by GMA

Ex-senator Jinggoy Estrada expressed optimism that he would also be cleared of plunder like his erstwhile Senate colleague Ramon “Bong” Revilla who was acquitted of plunder by the Sandiganbayan on Friday, December 7.

Just like Revilla, Estrada, who has been out on bail since last year, was also accused of pocketing hundreds of millions in kickbacks after he allegedly funneled his Priority Development Assistance Fund (PDAF) into bogus projects.

In an interview outside the Philippine National Police Custodial Center in Camp Crame after he visited Revilla, who was just waiting for his release order from the detention facility, Estrada told reporters that he hopes that the anti-graft court would also acquit him.

Image from Ramon “Bong” Revilla’s Facebook account

“I will just leave my fate to the court but I also hope that I will be acquitted in due time,” Estrada, whose plunder case is still pending in court, said.

Revilla’s acquittal shows that the justice system in the country is still working, Estrada said.

As mentioned in a Philstar story, Estrada, Revilla and their PDAF scam co-accused former senator Juan Ponce Enrile, 94 years old, are all senatorial candidates in the 2019 midterm elections.

Estrada said he hopes to hit the campaign trail with his friend Bong Revilla.